Organized in 1895 and incorporated in 1915, the Warren Point Mission became the Warren Point Presbyterian Church in 1925. Original Mission meetings were held in a building on a large tract of land in the Warren Point section of Saddle River Township (now Elmwood Park). Two rooms were heated by a large, coal-burning stove and lighted by oil lamps that occasionally flared up and smoked during the services. A janitor was paid one dollar per month for his services. The Rev George Coulson, who often came on foot from his home on Vreeland Avenue, Paterson, was, in 1896, the Mission's first minister. He was known to have preached often with only one person present.
After incorporation in 1915, the Rev. Franklin Miller of the Paterson Ave Church was elected moderator. Dr. Miller came to the "Church of the Wildwood" every Sunday afternoon to conduct services. After a meeting of the Presbytery of Jersey City on June 15, 1925, the Warren Point Presbyterian Church was organized. A manse was built in 1930. On Mar 6, 1949 the Rev. William Bowen officiated at the laying of the cornerstone of the new church to be built on property purchased years earlier in 1928. In 1952 church membership totaled 775 and Sunday School enrollment was close to 500. Ground-breaking ceremonies for the Education Building were held on May 3, 1959. It was completed and dedicated early in 1960. They burned the mortgage on the building in 1972.